What is the modern Naija husband like? My wife asked what I thought and I responded with just one characteristic.
- He likes to eat?
Seeing the look on my wife’s face, I could tell I got it wrong. So I asked my wife what she thought the list should be, and a few hours later, this is the list she gave.
- He should be a sexual god who is sensitive to his wife’s needs.
- He should be physically fit and good looking…but not a ladies man. Ideally, he should be completely unaware of his own good looks. So perhaps he should be blind (or have bad eyesight) and shy. Or just incredibly naive (until of course he meets his wife)
- He should be rich…yet humble. The next budding Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg, but should look like Tyson Beckford.
- He should be romantic and strong. This usually means he should be familiar with candles, and occasionally place them around the bed without setting the room on fire. He should be able to lift that bed as well.
- He should have the memory of an elephant. Never forgetting a single anniversary, special occasion or event. He should memorize all his wife’s clothing so that the day she wears something new, he can immediately compliment her on her lovely outfit.
- He should pay for the outfit mentioned above. He should always pay.
- He should have no parents. Therefore having no in-laws to torment his wife with.
- He should believe his wife is the best cook in the world (on the days when he’s not cooking for her of course)
- He should believe his wife is the sexiest woman in the world.
- Ah yes, how could we forget. The ever present intelligence. He should be smart but not so smart that he’s not God-Fearing. No one knows what that means exactly, but its right up there with “good sense of humor”
So as a rich orphan who is physically fit, able to handle fire, sexual god, with genius IQ and perfect memory …the ideal Naija husband should be ……….ME (except for the orphan part).
Or this guy below.
What is missing on this list? Leave a comment and let the wife know.